Follow 1outnumberedmom on Twitter

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Top Ten Meme - Books into Movies

Sorry I am a little late on this meme this week. I finally have my house back to myself, so things should get back on track!
This week's category is pretty fun - Top Ten Book into Movies! So thanks Jillian @ Random Ramblings for keeping this meme going!


Top Ten Picks is a weekly meme where I would be posting just about that -- my top 10 picks! Every week, there will be a different and specific topic given.I will then choose 10 of my picks from that given category, create the list, and post them up here!

Sometimes I am little shocked when I hear that a particular book is becoming a movie or that a movie was a book to begin with. It is always interesting to see how things with change between the two formats. Here is my list:




  1. The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks

  2. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell




  3. Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riodan
  4. The Bourne Series by Robert Ludlum

  5. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
  6. Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding

  7. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
  8. Forrest Gump by Winston Groom

  9. A Time to Kill by John Grisham

  10. Atonement by Ian McEwan
What are top ten reads so far this year? I would love to see your list!




4 comments:

  1. Oh! Bridget Jones and Forrest Gump! I forgot about those. (Although, I think I preferred the books in both cases.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Bridget Jones
    2) The Stand
    3) A Tale of Two Cities
    4) Pride and Prejudice
    5) The Three Musketeers
    6) The Count of Monte Cristo
    7) The DaVinci Code
    8) The Bourne Series
    9) Harry Potter Series
    10) Confessions of a Shopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LA Coc - Most of them I like the book better

    @Fel I forgot Counte of Monte Cristo - that's a great one - good list!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love love to hear what other people think - share your thoughts so we can start a dialogue!