Follow 1outnumberedmom on Twitter

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BBI with Lisa at A Life Bound by Books

Hello and welcome to another Book Blogger Interrogation! I have had the pleasure of getting to know a number of very cool book bloggers from all over the blogosphere. I thought it would be fun to put them under the heat lamp so to speak and get some answers to some fun questions. Today I want you to meet Lisa from A Life Bound By Books
 
1. Tell me the number one reason you love to read.




I love to read because with a good book your imagination can run wild and for a little while you can step into another world and find yourself on an adventure - with a good book just about anything can happen!
2. What is it about sharing your reviews that keeps you going?

I’ve found many great books via reviews from others and because of that I share my reviews with the hopes someone finds a great book from me.

3. Who is your all-time favorite author?


That is a really hard question. I can say that right now I have a few that come to mind – Maggie Steifvater, Jandy Nelson, JR Ward, Gena Showalter, Jeri Smith Read…. And so many more - It’s just too hard to pick one!!
4. What is your all-time favorite book (single or series)?


There’s just no way to pick just one all time favorite book or series. So, I’ll have to name a few – Shiver by Maggie Steifvater, The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, Shade by Jeri Smith Ready, Just Listen by Sarah Dessen, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins… and then for adult titles – The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward, The Night Huntress series By: Jeaniene Frost.. and many, many more.
5. If you could pick one fictional character and bring them to life, who would it be?



      Hmmm, let’s see. WOW, you’re good at asking hard questions! I mean just one? Lol It’s a tie between…. Sam from The Mercy Falls series By: Maggie Stiefvater, Joe from The Sky Is Everywhere By: Jandy Nelson, Tristan from Promise By: Kristie Cook, Lenah & Rhode from Infinite Days By: Rebecca Maizel,.. and Everyone from Shade By: Jeri Smith-Ready. And when it comes to an adult series… common, hands it down it would have to be any of the Brothers from the Black Dagger Brotherhood books By: J.R. Ward. Sorry, I couldn’t pick just one! lol


6. Do you always finish a book, even if you know you don’t like it half way in?


It depends on if it’s a book that I’ve accepted for review or not. If it is, then yes, I do always try to finish the book. If it’s something I’ve purchased or won… then I’ll sometimes put the book aside to try it again another day. Sometimes it all depends on the mood your in and what sounds good at the time.
7. Do you own an eReader? If yes, why? If no, why not?


I do own a Kindle and I LOVE IT! I had wanted one for a few reasons. The main one being room. I have a HUGE collection of books and am quickly running out of room. Some books I don’t mind not actually owning, but want to read them. It’s those that end up on my Kindle.
8. What is your all-time single favorite genre to read?


Well, that would be a toss up between Paranormal and Urban Fantasy. I read many different genre’s in both YA and Adult, but those two top the list.
9. Here’s your chance to plug your book review blog, twitter, facebook, etc. You know, make a general plea for people to like you…

I read and blog because I love both and they fit together nicely. I hope everyone who comes to visit will find something that they love and will stick around for more. September is a big time for me and my blog. I’ll be celebrating my Blogoversary, my Birthday and reaching 400+ Followers that I hope by then it’ll be to celebrate 500+ followers! Tons of giveaways, many winners! Then October is going to be pretty HUGE as well. Tons of top secret stuff going on for that month that I’ll be able to share with everyone soon.




You can find my blog here: http://alifeboundbybooks.blogspot.com/


On twitter, feel free to add me: @BoundByBooks


Goodreads here: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2001477-lisa-a-life-bound-by-books


Feel free to Follow, friend and add away! The more the merrier!


I hope you all enjoyed getting to know Lisa @ A Life Bound By Books- I know I did. Come back next week to meet Christie @ The Fiction Enthusiast






1 comment:

  1. Very nice interview--and it is nice to meet you Lisa! Hope both of you have a wonderful week....

    ReplyDelete

I love love love love to hear what other people think - share your thoughts so we can start a dialogue!