Follow 1outnumberedmom on Twitter

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

BBI with Lou @ Reader Recommended

Today I have the pleasure of introducing you to a new blogger buddy - Lou from Reader Recommended. Her blog has some great book reviews. Here are her answers to the interrogation questions:

1.Tell me the number one reason you love to read. 
 The #1 reason I love to read is to be swept away into another place or time.  It’s not only a way to travel without having to leave your house, but you are able to watch the lives of others without interrupting or feeling like a voyeur.  And how exciting pretending you are the characters!  I can be an international spy one day and a forensic examiner the next.


2.What is it about sharing your reviews that keeps you going? 
 Well, I’ve really only done 1 review on my site so far, but I’ve been sharing reviews with friends and family my entire life.  It’s like reliving the book all over again.  It also gives me satisfaction knowing I’ve helped someone find a book they would have never looked at or help an author get noticed.



3.Who is your all-time favorite author? 
 I would have to say at this point, Dan Brown.  I just love the fast paced suspense thrillers that keep you guessing page after page.  Every one of his books is like that.  My education is in Psychology and Criminology so I guess I’m kind of drawn to these types of books. (Yes, Agent Starling/Jodie Foster was my idol J )


4.What is your all-time favorite book (single or series)?
Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.  This book literally had me investigation whether some of the symbols and theories could be true.  I drove my husband crazy constantly telling him about it!  I’m so bad about constantly trying to figure out books and movies before they end, but this book kept me guessing until the very end.


5.If you could pick one fictional character and bring them to life, who would it be?
Kay Scarpetta from Patricia Cornwell series books.  I’d like to hang out and come along on all her mysteries involving serial killers.  I know, morbid, right?  This series was also the 1st mystery series I read when I was younger.  Just confirmed the Agent Starling/Jodie Foster obsession.


6.Do you always finish a book, even if you know you don’t like it half way in? 
 Yes.  I’m extremely anal like that.  I have to finish everything that I start or I feel incomplete, even if it’s painful.  Plus, you never know if there’s that ending that makes you completely re-think the entire book.


7.Do you own an eReader? If yes, why? If no, why not?
I have the Barnes & Noble eReader and Kindle on my iPhone and I just downloaded Kindle on my Mac.  While I still love the feel of a book in my hands and being able to see the cover every time I go to read, I do love the fact that I can read my books anywhere I go without having to plan for it.  For instance, if I have to wait an extra hour or five at the dentist or doctor’s convenience, I can simply pull out my phone and get swept away.


8.What is your all-time single favorite genre to read? 
  Mystery.  I like puzzles – putting pieces together to come up with the big picture.  Twist endings that make my jaw drop.  I hate predictable books.  So a good mystery is my #1.


9.Here’s your chance to plug your book review blog, twitter, facebook, etc. You know, make a general plea for people to like you…
Reader RecommendedReader Recommended started for my love of reading books and sharing.  It also gets me to write, which I wasn’t doing with my 9 to 5 job.  I hope to grow RR to epic proportions (in my standards anyway).  I’m still learning the ropes and trying to find the time, but I absolutely love it.  I hope that my followers can see that.  I want others to love hearing what I have to say, learn of books they may not have heard of, and give authors the exposure they deserve.  So come by and check me out at http://readerrecommended.blogspot.com and say, hey Lou!  I love constructive criticism.  So please, please, please..share those recommendations J
I hope you all enjoyed getting to know Lou a little better, come back next week to meet another book blogger.

1 comment:

I love love love love to hear what other people think - share your thoughts so we can start a dialogue!