Follow 1outnumberedmom on Twitter

Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 2010 Book Club Selection is....

I am announcing the book selection Today!  If you are new to my site, and don't know about the Busy Moms Monthly Online Book Club - click here to learn more! With 50% of the votes, this month

Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot
At 28, former teen-pop-star Heather Wells feels as though she has lost everything: her family and fortune (her mom fled the country with Heather's earnings), her recording contract, her slender waistline, and her fiance, Jordan, a philandering, boy-band singer. Then Jordan's brother, Cooper, a dreamy private investigator and family black sheep, offers Heather room and board in exchange for clerical work, and she finds an additional job as a residence-hall director at a nearby Greenwich Village university. After several female students turn up dead at the dorm, Heather takes on her own stealthy investigation and finds herself the target of the killer. In the first title in her Heather Wells series, Cabot combines a fairly straightforward mystery with a single-girl-in-the-city plot in which Heather triumphs over cheating guys, bad luck, and a fattist society. Most of the characters are two-dimensional, but Heather's strong, amusing voice, the plot twists, and the possibility of romance will draw mystery and chick-lit readers alike.

Angry Housewives was a close second and I put it back in the running for June. Do you have a suggestion for the June Vote? Please share.


If you are interested in participating please leave a comment saying you are on board. Then come back sometime between the 21st and the 31st and answer the discussion questions, comment on other people's answers and in general tell everyone what you think of the book!
 




7 comments:

  1. I just read this book last month, so I won't be rereading it for the club. However, I will check back to answer the questions--it should still be fresh enough in my mind to do that! I really enjoyed this book--it was a fun, light read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on participating this month. This one should be easier to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can probably find this one either at the library or somewhere like Goodreads Swap or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard this is a great book, so it should be a fun read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in for this month's book. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about a Jodi Picoult or Chris Bohjalin book for June??

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Julie P - Thanks for the suggestion - I have House Rules on my list for voting. I will post the voting choices on Saturday.
    The Discussion Questions for May will be posted on the 21st! That's tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love love to hear what other people think - share your thoughts so we can start a dialogue!