Follow 1outnumberedmom on Twitter

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Vampire Book With Some Humor

Guest post written by Stu Carlton

I was so sick of my little sister ranting and raving about how great the Twilight books and movies are, but I really disagree. I even read a chapter out of one of the books when night when I was really bored just to see if it was really worth reading. Well, I think that it isn't because it was really badly written, or at least the part that I read was.

I was reading a blog post by one of my favorite authors Christopher Moore the other day with my CLEAR TV Bundle when I thought that maybe I should share some of his vampire books with her! His books are funny and then there's also a lot of interesting vampire stuff in them too, making them good even if you aren't all about vampires like most of the free world today.


I was going to try and convince her to read my Bloodsucking Fiends book, but then I remembered that there's a lot of stuff in it that maybe isn't so appropriate for a 12 year old girl, so I'll just tease her about terrible Twilight is for now and let her read Christopher Moore in a few years.



2 comments:

  1. A good YA book that incorporates humour with vampires is Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side. It's a very cute read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read the synopsis - looks very interesting - I just "wish listed" it on PBS - thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love love to hear what other people think - share your thoughts so we can start a dialogue!