Follow 1outnumberedmom on Twitter

Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Would Rather Read a "How To" than a Crummy Novel - how about you?

While I have been able to get back on track with my reading, I am still not back to where I was before. I have actually found that reading educational books - like how to's - has helped me ease back into enjoying reading. I have been reading books on better gardening techniques, how to sew, books about homemade knitting gift ideas, good housekeeping concepts and all sorts of others.
The more I talk to people the more I realize that this happens to a lot readers. It's sort of normal ebb and flow of life and trying to find time to read on top of finding books worth reading. I have noticed that I will read the first 3+ chapters of a book and if I am not totally engaged I will not try to find time to read it. So I have found myself more interested in learning how to use a knit kit than reading a story about vampires and their strife. I think it is partly just that I am burnt out on the genre I was so entrenched in and partly because my children are becoming more and more active - giving me less and less time to get chunks of reading in. But do not fear - my reading is picking up again and I will be back soon with some great reviews. Thanks for sticking around!


0 Busy Moms Opinions:

Post a Comment

I love love love love to hear what other people think - share your thoughts so we can start a dialogue!